NEW CLIENT MUST DO'S
Welcome to the Family! Here are the steps every new client MUST take before we can go live. Please, read it carefully and if you have any questions, let us know!
+ STEP 1: Review The Key Terms of Our Agreement
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances we cannot cancel reservations. This is our golden rule. In our business our entire reputation and search rank on various websites centers on this premise (avoiding cancellations).
- We will not take reservations further out in time past the timeline you indicate when you become a client in the KYC. Usually that is 3 or 6 months however, those are rolling dates. So 3 months is 3 months from today. But tomorrow, that 3 months extends 1 day.
- While we are the manager and retain most decision making on day to day basis, the KYC document allows you to help guide us with filters (parties, group sizes, pets, smokers, children, e.g.)
- You can use your home as much or as little as you’d like. We have no restrictions, in fact we will even clean after you leave. We only ask that any bookings that are already confirmed are not impacted.
- If maintenance is required at your home, we ask for an authorization to perform work up to $1000 without pre-approval. The reason behind this is increasingly websites (like Airbnb) have punished hosts/owners when guests complain and/or don't have use of a listed amenity. We also know reservations can be cancelled and full refunds given if things like plumbing, pool heaters, air conditioning/heating is non functional. In the best effort to protect the reservation and revenues as well as the home we always seek out the best third party vendors for this work, using best practices for finding and utilizing the most reputable, professional and of course cost efficient vendors. This is a non financial event for us, and we make no mark ups on any work done by third parties.
+ STEP 2: ("KYC") Know Your Client Form
Please fill out our KYC HERE. This helps us create the online profile (or work on one already created by you), set up your payout method, and importantly learn the home so we can prepare the guests and our support staff. (This is a critical must-do).
ATTENTION: Once you start filling out the KYC form, DO NOT STOP YOUR PROGRESS or you will lose the information already added.
+ STEP 3: W9 Form
In the event you have opted and we have agreed to list your home on our profile, then we require a W9 before we can go live and list the property. We will then distribute owner payouts to you usually by the 1st day of the following month from which a reservation began. We then use the W9 to create a 1099 at tax year end.
Please download the W9 Form HERE, fill out and return it to us.
+ STEP 4: Credit Card Form
Since we are taking over your already existing listing or co hosting on your profile, we just request a credit card on file for reimbursements and costs we front on your behalf. Recall that per Airbnb payouts, we are only receiving the management fee and cleaning fee. Therefore if/when we have costs (restocking household supplies; any maintenance; then reimbursement can only come from a credit card on file).
Please download our Credit Card Form HERE, fill out and return it to us.
+ STEP 5: Preparing Your Home For Reservations
None of these are required to be purchased or arranged through us, but you will need to ensure that at least the initial house cleaning is done and likewise the property is stocked with the supplies outlined in the link below. Professional photography is complimentary and we will arrange automatically as soon as the home is rental ready.
INITIAL CLEANING (If you've already pre paid for this, disregard)
If you are needing a professional cleaning prior to the first guest (they will be charged the exit cleaning) you may pre-pay for this HERE and our staff can attend to this prior to the initial reservation starting. You may also elect to do this yourself (or have your own cleaner) and that is totally fine - we just caution that guests can sometimes have a heightened awareness to cleaning and missed areas or poor cleanings can lead to refunds, or even cancellations in some instances.
Purchase Initial Cleaning HERE.
HOUSEHOLD SUPPLIES (If you've already pre paid for this, disregard)
The home should be properly stocked with the traditional consumables outlined HERE (scroll down). If you would like us to perform this task (purchase, acquisition, and stocking of all supplies), we can do so. Again, the order can be done HERE. We just ask that there be a lockable storage (closet, cabinet) in the home that only is accessible to our staff & cleaners so that guests don't have / take advantage of all supplies. Instead we will place for each reservation the necessary amount of items and leave the remainder locked off.
Professional Photography is complimentary and we will arrange this asap.
See on this link HERE notes on preparing your home for photography.
+ STEP 6: Final Checklist Before Going Live
Download HERE our "Owners Go Live Checklist". This document works as a roadmap of sorts so that you know what it takes to make your home guest-ready. Things like ensuring linens, towels, supplies, initial cleaning has been scheduled and your utilities are on auto pay (and we have account access information), are some of the most important final steps.
+ STEP 7: Setting Expectations
Click here to guide your expectations: www.airconcierge.net/setting-expectations
+ STEP 8: Are you properly insured?
While the online websites (Airbnb, VRBO, eg) offer some form of insurance and damage protection, we highly recommend and advise that you obtain a short term rental insurance policy for your home through your insurer. If your insurer does not offer such a product, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and request short term rental insurance information through Air Concierge's preferred insurance partner.
Please note for bookings on the Airbnb platform there is a limited policy in place but there are exceptions and exemptions that may disqualify you from coverage. You can read more here.
Please let us know if we can help assisst in procuring a proper short term policy and please note that your traditional renters or homeowner policy would not extend to short term use.
Overview of the Airbnb policy: https://www.airbnb.com/guarantee
Host Guarantee Terms & Conditions https://www.airbnb.com/terms/host_guarantee
Host Protection Insurance https://www.airbnb.com/host-protection-insurance
PDF of their comprehensive Summary file:///Users/Ryan/Downloads/hpi_program_summary_en.pdf
+ STEP 9: Are you properly licensed?
Many places have rules covering homesharing, and the specific codes and ordinances can appear in different locations (such as zoning, building, licensing or tax codes). Many locales require registration, a permit or a license before properties can be listed or guests can be accepted. You may also be responsible for collecting and remitting certain taxes. Short term rentals may even be prohibited altogether in some locations. By accepting our Terms of Service and allowing Air Concierge to list your home, you certify that you will follow applicable laws and regulations, have all necessary rights to list your space, including in third party agreements like leases, and acknowledge that you have read the following notice: If you are a tenant who is listing a room, home, condominium, or apartment, please refer to your rental contract or lease, or contact your landlord, prior to listing the property to determine whether your lease or contract contains restrictions that would limit your ability to list your room, home, condominium, or apartment. Listing your room, home, condominium, or apartment may be a violation of your lease or contract, and could result in legal action against you by your landlord, including possible eviction.
If you would like Air Concierge to take on the application and acquisition of a permit on your behalf as well as monthly tax charges to travelers, collection, and remittance, then please email our offices and indicate as such. Fees may apply in some jurisdictions for such licensure, renewal of licensures, payable to your city's government as well as a set up fee by Air Concierge and monthly filing fees.
+ STEP 10: ACCESSING OUR OWNER PORTAL/CLIENT DATABASE
Access the portal HERE. Your email address will be the user & password to access.
A few things to note, we are still in very much in beta. That means we are still migrating old data, we are still testing any bugs, quirks, and functionality. As such, we kindly ask for your patience during this time and your feedback when you find/see something that needs addressing.
Some of the key benefits we have developed:
- owner statements (these are analogous to a P&L statement that you set the date range)
- data mapping and graphing to see the key indicators across month/year points in graph format
- exporting data to .csv (excel)
- multiple recipient email (for new booking email alerts)
Some of the updates we are working on now and will be coming live in the coming weeks/months:
- full calendar view of bookings, owner blocks
- more insight on guest metrics
+ HOW TO CONNECT WITH AIR CONCIERGE
OWNER PORTAL (VIEW BOOKING HISTORY) https://www.airconcierge.net/air-concierge-homeowners-portal/
OWNER BLOCK (BLOCK DATES FOR FRIENDS/FAMILY USE) https://www.airconcierge.net/air-concierge-homeowners-portal/
MAINTENANCE / CLEANING ISSUES:
email@example.com (SAN FRANCISCO)
firstname.lastname@example.org (LOS ANGELES)
email@example.com (SAN DIEGO)
firstname.lastname@example.org (PALM SPRINGS)
email@example.com (LAKE TAHOE)
firstname.lastname@example.org (ORANGE COUNTY)
TAXES, INSURANCE, DAMAGE email@example.com
PRICING, RESERVATIONS firstname.lastname@example.org