NEW CLIENT MUST DO'S (Co-host)
Welcome to the Family! Here are the steps every new client MUST take before we can go live. Please, read it carefully and if you have any questions, let us know!
+ STEP 1: Review The Key Terms of Our Agreement
- Unless there are extenuating circumstances we cannot cancel reservations. This is our golden rule. In our business our entire reputation and search rank on various websites centers on this premise (avoiding cancellations).
- We will not take reservations further out in time past the timeline you indicate when you become a client in the KYC. Usually that is 3 or 6 months however, those are rolling dates. So 3 months is 3 months from today. But tomorrow, that 3 months extends 1 day.
- While we are the manager and retain most decision making on day to day basis, the KYC document allows you to help guide us with filters (parties, group sizes, pets, smokers, children, e.g.)
- You can use your home as much or as little as you’d like. We have no restrictions, in fact we will even clean after you leave. We only ask that any bookings that are already confirmed are not impacted.
- If maintenance is required at your home, we ask for an authorization to perform work up to $1000 without pre-approval. The reason behind this is increasingly websites (like Airbnb) have punished hosts/owners when guests complain and/or don't have use of a listed amenity. We also know reservations can be cancelled and full refunds given if things like plumbing, pool heaters, air conditioning/heating is non functional. In the best effort to protect the reservation and revenues as well as the home we always seek out the best third party vendors for this work, using best practices for finding and utilizing the most reputable, professional and of course cost efficient vendors. This is a non financial event for us, and we make no mark ups on any work done by third parties.
+ STEP 2: Know Your Client Form
Please fill out our KYC HERE. This helps us create the online profile (or work on one already created by you), set up your payout method, and importantly learn the home so we can prepare the guests and our support staff. (This is a critical must-do).
ATTENTION: Once you start filling out the KYC form, DO NOT STOP YOUR PROGRESS or you will lose the information already added.
+ STEP 3: Credit Card Form
Since we are taking over your already existing listing or co hosting on your profile, we just request a credit card on file for reimbursements and costs we front on your behalf. Recall that per Airbnb payouts, we are only receiving the management fee and cleaning fee. Therefore if/when we have costs (restocking household supplies; any maintenance; then reimbursement can only come from a credit card on file).
Please download our Credit Card Form HERE, fill out and return it to us.
+ STEP 4: Setting up your listing (Co-host)
As discussed, we will need you to create an Airbnb profile so we can start setting up your listing. If you already have a profile, then you'll only have to share your login info (email and password) with us and we are ready to go.
Here's how you can create and verify your Airbnb account:
HOW TO CREATE YOUR AIRBNB PROFILE
- Go to Airbnb HERE
- You can sign up using your email address, Facebook account, Google account, or Amex. Signing up and creating an Airbnb account is free. Once you've created a profile you must verify your account.
VERIFYING YOUR AIRBNB ACCOUNT
- Go to edit profile → https://www.airbnb.com/users/edit
- Click on Trust and verification → https://www.airbnb.com/users/edit_verification
- Click on Provide ID → https://www.airbnb.com/account-verification/intro
After creating and verifying your Airbnb account we will need you to send us your Airbnb username and password so we can start setting up your listing. We also ask for this info because we need to have control of pricing, resolution center in case of damages, payouts, etc. Our most successful and longest tenured clients are the ones who are hands off and have virtually no involvement in the operations. They come and go from their homes from time to time and collect a check every month. We'd like to find that happy place with you too.
Airbnb Notifications: WE WILL DISABLE all notifications that will come to your phone/email in order for us to receive guest inquiries and messages. **In the event you take on messaging a guest inside your profile we will be disconnected and will not perform any further messaging as our systems will be interrupted.
Calendar control: YOU ARE IN FULL CONTROL. Keep in mind that you have full control of your calendar - so that any dates openings and likewise blocked dates will be under your control. As always, just log in and set the dates that you want to be made available for guests.
Setting Expectations: There are a handful of benefits to you for having the listing on your profile and then co hosting us: 1. keeping all reviews 2. immediate payout / direct from Airbnb 3. full transparency as to all reservation details. 4. full control of the calendar (you can set all open/blocked dates)
On the flip side there are challenges for us and in order to have the best management co host experience we kindly request the following:
- please do not override any pricing filters including turning on/off smart pricing.
- please DO keep the calendar updated with regards to dates the home should and should not be available.
- please do not message with guests as this will 'break' our software and we may be cutoff from messaging causing delays / non responses in the future.
- please keep disabled all message notifications.
- please allow us to be the expert management service you hired and are paying handsomely and refrain from managing the manager. We may not be very good at many things (juggling, solving the Pythagorean theorem, making salsa, eg) but we are very good at Airbnb'ing. All decisions we make are in yours and the property's best interest, before our own.
+ STEP 5: Preparing Your Home For Photography
Professional Photography is complimentary and we will arrange this asap.
See on this link HERE notes on preparing your home for photography.
+ STEP 6: Final Checklist Before Going Live
Download HERE our "Owners Go Live Checklist". This document works as a roadmap of sorts so that you know what it takes to make your home guest-ready. Things like ensuring linens, towels, supplies, initial cleaning has been scheduled and your utilities are on auto pay (and we have account access information), are some of the most important final steps.
+ STEP 7: Setting Expectations
Click here to guide your expectations [www.airconcierge.net/setting-expectations
+ STEP 8: Are you properly licensed?
Many places have rules covering homesharing, and the specific codes and ordinances can appear in different locations (such as zoning, building, licensing or tax codes). Many locales require registration, a permit or a license before properties can be listed or guests can be accepted. You may also be responsible for collecting and remitting certain taxes. Short term rentals may even be prohibited altogether in some locations. By accepting our Terms of Service and allowing Air Concierge to list your home, you certify that you will follow applicable laws and regulations, have all necessary rights to list your space, including in third party agreements like leases, and acknowledge that you have read the following notice: If you are a tenant who is listing a room, home, condominium, or apartment, please refer to your rental contract or lease, or contact your landlord, prior to listing the property to determine whether your lease or contract contains restrictions that would limit your ability to list your room, home, condominium, or apartment. Listing your room, home, condominium, or apartment may be a violation of your lease or contract, and could result in legal action against you by your landlord, including possible eviction.
If you would like Air Concierge to take on the application and acquisition of a permit on your behalf as well as monthly tax charges to travelers, collection, and remittance, then please email our offices and indicate as such. Fees may apply in some jurisdictions for such licensure, renewal of licensures, payable to your city's government as well as a set up fee by Air Concierge and monthly filing fees.
+ STEP 9: ARE YOU PROPERLY INSURED?
While the online websites (Airbnb, VRBO, eg) offer some form of insurance and damage protection, we highly recommend and advise that you obtain a short term rental insurance policy for your home through your insurer. If your insurer does not offer such a product, please reach out to email@example.com and request short term rental insurance information through Air Concierge's preferred insurance partner.
+ STEP 10: ACCESSING OUR OWNER PORTAL/CLIENT DATABASE
We will provide you a unique username and password which will grant you access to the portal/databse HERE.
A few things to note, we are still in very much in beta. That means we are still migrating old data, we are still testing any bugs, quirks, and functionality. As such, we kindly ask for your patience during this time and your feedback when you find/see something that needs addressing.
Some of the key benefits we have developed:
- owner statements (these are analogous to a P&L statement that you set the date range)
- data mapping and graphing to see the key indicators across month/year points in graph format
- exporting data to .csv (excel)
- multiple recipient email (for new booking email alerts)
- full calendar view of bookings, owner blocks
+ HOW TO CONNECT WITH AIR CONCIERGE
OWNER PORTAL (VIEW BOOKING HISTORY) You have direct access to your Airbnb calendar and can view all transaction information directly. --> https://www.airconcierge.net/air-concierge-homeowners-portal/
OWNER BLOCK (BLOCK DATES FOR FRIENDS/FAMILY USE) You have direct access to your Airbnb calendar and can block dates directly. --> https://www.airconcierge.net/air-concierge-homeowners-portal/
MAINTENANCE / CLEANING ISSUES:
firstname.lastname@example.org (SAN FRANCISCO)
email@example.com (LOS ANGELES)
firstname.lastname@example.org (SAN DIEGO)
email@example.com (PALM SPRINGS)
firstname.lastname@example.org (LAKE TAHOE)
email@example.com (ORANGE COUNTY)
TAXES, INSURANCE, DAMAGE firstname.lastname@example.org
PRICING, RESERVATIONS email@example.com